Recently, I attended a lecture given by pediatric nutritionist, Dr. Joanna Dolgoff. One of the shocking statistics was that obesity will soon overtake smoking as the leading preventable cause of death.
Scary. But fear is a great motivator, isn’t it?
Below are my 26 Reasons to Exercise Starting NOW…
1. Boosts your immune system.
2. Helps you lose weight.
3. Improves your posture.
4. Reduces your risk of heart disease.
5. Improves your body’s ability to use fat for energy during physical activity.
6. Helps relieve headaches.
7. Increases your muscle strength.
8. Helps you preserve lean body tissue.
9. Reduces risk of high blood pressure.
10. Increases the levels of HDL, good cholesterol.
11. Helps boost creativity.
12. Helps you overcome jetlag.
13. Assists you in your efforts to stop smoking.
14. Lowers your resting heart rate.
15. Enhances you sexual desire, performance and satisfaction.
16. Helps improve short-term memory in older individuals.
17. Helps relieve many of the common discomforts of pregnancy.
18. Reduces your level of anxiety.
19. Helps you to incur fewer medical and health-care expenses.
20. Provides you with protection against injury.
21. Helps you sleep easier and better.
22. Reduces your risk of developing breast cancer.
23. Helps you relieve constipation.
24. Increases your ability to adapt to cold environments.
25. Helps to alleviate certain menstrual symptoms.
26. Improves your mental alertness.
Enjoy your snow day everyone in the northeast…and get on that treadmill, roll out the yoga mat or just do some jumping jacks. Doing a little a lot is better than doing a lot a little.