Last night, Adam Warren (above) broke the record for most strikeouts (15) in a single game for the Trenton Thunder. The old record stood for 16 years.
I spoke with Warren a few weeks ago regarding his keys to success. Here’s what I unearthed…
1. Before you compete, you have to lock-in mentally, get serious. It helps to have the same routine.
2. Focus on throwing your game, the things you can control.
3. Take it one game at a time, one pitch at a time.
4. It’s normal to be nervous, use it to your advantage.
5. Have fun, but give it all you’ve got.
These keys to success helped Adam Warren set the Thunder record for strikeouts in a single game, but the result came as a by-product of having the right mindset.