Today’s message is especially dedicated to the great Pintu “Bean” Patel in Midland, Michigan. Happy Birthday to my favorite Indian British tennis pro.
Have you ever seen those people who work out at the gym all the time? They lift weights to try and get bigger and bigger? They think that what they really want is to have the best body. To have biceps bigger than my head.
But then they can’t bend over to tie their own shoes.
They are too tired at the end of the day to spend with their family.
Now don’t get me wrong, strength training is great and has its benefits, but there is something missing…
What we ultimately want is more energy.
How do we get more energy? Here’s how I do it…
1. Drink a lot of water – The slightest drop in water level affects your energy level. I drink reverse osmosis water from Whole Foods.
2. Eat real food – Eat mostly seasonal fruits and vegetables, cut back on red meat and consume whole wheat carbohydrates instead of white bread, white rice and potatoes. EAT AT HOME!
3. Do what you love – If you love your job, it won’t be work. If you incorporate things you enjoy into your schedule, you will be happier, and more energized.
4. Help others – The best way to motivate yourself is to motivate others. There are very few things that will give you more energy than the satisfaction that you made a difference in someone else’s life, and the world.
5. Have gratitude – When you stop focusing on material objects and all the things you want, and start appreciating all the amazing things you already have, like your health, family and friends, you instantly increase your energy.
Below are a few great quotes on energy.
“The more you lose yourself in something bigger than yourself, the more energy you will have.”
-NORMAN VINCENT PEALE
“Do you remember the things you were worrying about a year ago? How did they work out? Didn’t you waste a lot of fruitless energy on account of most of them? Didn’t most of them turn out all right after all?”
“And what is a man without energy? Nothing – nothing at all.”
“If people around you aren’t going anywhere, if their dreams are no bigger than hanging out on the corner, or if they’re dragging you down, get rid of them. Negative people can sap your energy so fast, and they can take your dreams from you, too.”
-EARVIN “MAGIC” JOHNSON
Thanks for reading.